Rules of Operation
|Member Sign In|
All members must enter the club area during the hours of pool operation by using the main gate at the pool. Registration by all members and guests is required prior to using the pool or tennis facilities.
A. Regular Pool hours:
- 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Sunday
- Please check our Events Calendar on the website for any changes to hours
- Lap lanes are available throughout the day for adults
- Pool hours may be subject to temporary change at the discretion of the pool manager based upon the number of persons using the pool. During Swim & Dive season, the pool will close early for home meets. Any changes will be communicated via SMS Urgent text
B. During inclement weather, the pool may be closed at the discretion of the pool manager.
C. The pool may remain open until 10:00 PM for special events on Friday and Saturday provided prior approval is obtained.
D. For swimming team practice, the pool is reserved from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM Monday through Friday until the competitive swim season is completed.
- The baby pool remains open for age appropriate children during swim and dive team practices.
E. Safety breaks will occur the last 10 minutes of each hour.
- Children age 17 and under will leave the water and go on deck while adults and teenagers 18 and
over may swim.
- During the hourly safety breaks, children may not enter the pool or sit on the boards.
- One lifeguard will remain by the pool during all safety breaks.
- Children age 17 and under will leave the water and go on deck while adults and teenagers 18 and
A. All guests must be registered.
- Pool guests must check in at the front gate.
B. Out-of-town guests may be brought at any time at no charge.
- All members are given 10 free guess passes per year for out of town guests
- The fee for guests is $5.00 per guest.
- During swim season, all guest fees, including those for use of the tennis courts, shall be payable via the CSRC website or billed within 5 days
- During the off season, tennis guest fees shall be payable to the tennis professional or mailed directly to P.O. Box 220422, Charlotte, NC 28222 with a note of the name, date and amount due.
D. Any member bringing guests at times other than those designated will be subject to a fine of $5.00 per guest.
E. Any in-town resident will be allowed to be a guest at the pool no more than ten times during a summer.
A. All bathers must shower before entering the pool.
B. Admission shall be refused anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, or wearing bandages.
C. No pets allowed within the pool area.
D. All members including children shall use the pool and club facilities at their own risk.
E. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
F. Food may not be consumed in the pool.
G. No smoking is permitted on club property.
H. Members will drive slowly and carefully on the driveway and parking area.
I. All bicycles will be parked in the prescribed area.
J. No abusive or objectionable language will be permitted on club property.
K. All trash must be disposed of in trash containers. Blue recycling containers are located at the entrance and by the snack bar.
L. The club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
M. No authorized person will be allowed near the filter plant, in the office or in the pump house at any time. No one should climb on lifeguard stands, distract lifeguards, or talk with lifeguards while guards are on duty.
N. No individual or organization (except for organizations directly affiliated with the club, such as the swim team) shall be allowed to use club facilities for private sales, solicitations, or fund-raising.
O. Health Department rules require that all chairs be kept at least 8′ from the pool at all times.
P. Club property (including chairs, etc.) may not be removed from the pool enclosure.
Q. SMS Urgent Alerts will be used for all communications relating to pool closings, lightning, etc.
A. Wading pool use is limited to children 6 years of age and under.
B. Children using the wading pool must be supervised by a parent or responsible person at all times.
C. Children who are not reliably toilet trained must wear rubber pants (not a disposable diaper) to swim in the baby pool. There are no exceptions! (“Little Swimmers” do not suffice on their own—they leak.) This is a health department regulation!
D. Children under the age of 10 are NOT permitted within the club grounds unaccompanied. Parents may assign a designee to accompany children. Designees 15 years of age or under must provide one-on-one supervision in the water. Designees over the age of 15 may provide supervision from the poolside. Abuse of the privilege will be cause for suspension of the privilege.
E. No rough play, running, throwing, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbance allowed in or about the pool area.
F. Certain approved water games, such as water polo or cross pool, may be permitted provided they are conducted in off-peak hours in a clearly defined area designated by and under the supervision of the pool manager or lifeguards. Abuse of this privilege shall be cause for suspension of the privilege.
G. No hard balls are allowed in the pool. Balls that are allowed include splash balls and inflatable balls, such as beach balls.
H. No recreational floating equipment may be used in the pool (other than “noodles”). Non-swimmer children must be under direct adult supervision at all times. While under that supervision, they may use water wings, life jackets, swim rings, or swim ring vests.
I. Members may not use the diving blocks during normal pool hours; they are reserved for swim team practice only. The block in the lap lane may be used during normal team hours, but only to practice for competitive swimming.
J. The cost of any property damage due to negligence will be charged to the responsible member.
K. It shall be the duty of the pool manager, assisted by the lifeguards, to enforce all of the rules of the Club.
- One short blast: alert patron of rules (please walk, no diving, etc)
- Two short blasts: clear the pool; alert other lifeguard of coverage (getting off stand, need assistance, etc)
- One long blast: Safety break/adult swim begins or ends
L. Children under the age of 10 are NOT permitted within the club grounds unaccompanied. Parents may assign a designee to accompany children. Designees 18 years of age or under must provide one-on-one supervision in the water. Designees over the age of 18 may provide supervision from the poolside. Abuse of the privilege will be cause for suspension of the privilege.
M. Lifeguard has authority to bench any person not obeying the rules for 10 minutes. A second offense may be grounds for being expelled from the pool for a time specified by the pool manager.
N. Lifeguards are expected to contact parents/guardians for any unsupervised children not obeying pool rules/responding to Lifeguard warnings.
O. Lifeguards are expected to alert the Board of Directors of any person violating the rules multiple times. The Board has the authority to suspend members, member children or guests from the club facilities as necessary for the safety and enjoyment of all other members.
DIVING BOARD RULES
A. Anyone using the diving area must be able to demonstrate, upon lifeguard’s request, that he or she can swim one complete lap of the pool.
B. Divers are allowed one bounce before going off the board.
C. Divers must go off the front of the board.
D. All dives should be done moving forward such as front flips, dives, and cannon balls. There should never be any backflips, gainers, or anything egregious.
E. No swimming in the diving area when the board is in use.
F. No child under age 7 is permitted to use the diving area or boards without close adult supervision.
G. Only one diver will be permitted on the board at a time. The next diver must wait until the diver has gone off the board before climbing the ladder.
H. No sitting on the boards.
I. No diving off the side of the pool into the diving area will be permitted while the boards are in use.
J. Children may not jump off a diving board and be caught by anyone (including a parent!).
A. Any child participating in swim lessons is ultimately the responsibility of the parent. If the child has not demonstrated proficiency in swimming the length of the pool, the parent should supervise the child from the side of the pool throughout the entire lesson.
B. Students must be members to take swim lessons.
C. The lifeguards may not give private swimming lessons while on duty.
TENNIS COURT RULES
A. Proper dress is required on tennis courts at all times. No cut-offs or bathing suits. All players must wear shirts and proper footwear (smooth soled tennis shoes.)
B. Guests: Refer to Rule 2 of the Rules for Operation. (See above.)
C. If there are waiting players, please limit play to two sets. At that time, the court must be vacated for waiting players. Please show consideration of others.
D. One person will not be permitted to hold a court while waiting for his or her opponent. The court should be surrendered to the next set of waiting players.
E. Priority for court use will be as follows:
- League play
- Club-scheduled camps
- Private lessons
F. Players should not enter or leave the courts when play is in progress on an adjoining court.
G. The tennis professional and the manager of the club are authorized and directed to enforce all rules, and the cooperation of all members is expected.
H. Children are not allowed on tennis courts unless they are playing tennis or participating in a clinic or camp.
I. No individual is allowed to give lessons for private gain on club premises while a pro is under contract with the club.
J. Rules for Use of Lighted Courts:
- Children may not use the lighted courts at night if no adult members are present at the club. This is for the protection of our young people, and we recommend that all members use prudence in playing at the club after dark.
- If you are the last member to leave the courts, please turn off the lights (switch is located on the pole outside courts 4 and 6). The lights will turn off automatically at 10:30pm, but please turn off the switch anyway or the lights will turn on automatically the next afternoon.