COVID-19 LAP SWIM RULES & REGULATIONS
Lap Swim Reservations
- Lap Swim is for members only
- All members are currently required to sign up for lap swim time slots.
CSRC Adult Lap Swim – Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures
- Please note the NC Governor’s executive orders, CDC/OSHA regulations, and ordinances in force with Mecklenburg County, and the City of Charlotte should be followed at all times and, if stricter, overrule any differing or less strict guidance provided herein.
- Participation in any CSRC programming is voluntary and optional. Swimmers should carefully consider what is in the best interest for their own (and their families’) health and safety before participating in any CSRC programming.
- Not following these guidelines and requirements may result in removal
- These guidelines, policies, and procedures will remain in place until further notice. CSRC reserves the right to modify these guidelines, policies, and procedures as COVID-19 conditions develop, and as governmental guidance and regulations change.
Adult Lap Swim Protocols for Practices
- Swimmers may not attend Adult Lap Swim if they (1) have had COVID-19 and do not have a medical physician’s note recommending that they return to normal physical activities in public spaces; (2) do not feel well; (3) have (or have had, within 72 hours) a temperature above 100.00ºF; (4) have been in direct contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the past two weeks; OR (5) have traveled internationally, but not completed the two-week self-quarantine period recommended by the CDC.
- Only CSRC Members ages 18 or older will be allowed to attend Lap Swim.
- Any swimmer experiencing any symptoms of any communicable illness (or exposure to someone who has symptoms) should remain at home and seek medical treatment, as needed.
- When arriving at CSRC and at all times within the facility, please maintain at least 6 to 10 feet of distance from all individuals who are not household or family members. During physical activities such as lap swim, at least 6-10 feet of social distancing is recommended in light of increased respirations.
- The use of masks is fully supported, but not required. Please respect each individual in his/her choice whether to wear a mask.
- Medical grade hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and is recommended for everyone entering the facility.
- Please arrive at the facility in your swimsuit and towel, and leave the facility afterward without changing in the restrooms. Restrooms will be available only for going to the bathroom and washing hands.
- Swimmers should minimize contact with starting blocks and backstroke grips (using them only as needed), and avoid unecessary contact with bleachers, tables, chairs, and other surfaces.
- Swimmers should limit the items brought into the facility. Swimmers should bring all personal items in one (1) bag or container, placing the same in designated spots based on assigned lanes. Please limit equipment to your own kickboards and pull buoys only. Please bring a towel and a water bottle, and consider bringing your own hand sanitizer. Please do not share any equipment with non-household or non-family members. Swimmers are tasked with cleaning and sanitizing their equipment before utilization and after each use.
- CSRC water coolers will be not be in use, so please bring a full water bottle from home.
- Lap Swim will consist of a maximum of one (1) swimmer in each lane, as recommended under CDC, state, and local guidelines. When possible, swimmers should start and swim in a staggered fashion, so as to avoid prolonged exposure to swimmers in immediately adjacent lanes. When possible (based on attendance), please include open lanes between swimmers.
- Swimmers will sign up for Lap Swim in advance using Signup Genius. Lanes also will be assigned, and we ask that all swimmers stay in their designated lanes, to assist with any future contact tracing needs.
- Once you enter the pool area, swimmers should go directly to their assigned lanes, maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Before, during, or after Lap Swim, swimmers should not congregate on deck, in bathrooms, at entrances/exits, or in parking lots. Swimmers are asked to minimize their time outside of the pool, leaving the facility promptly upon completion of Lap Swim.
- There will be a scheduled 10 minute window between Lap Swim sessions, allowing swimmers to exit the pool and the facility before the start of the next session.
Lap Swim Summary — WHAT TO BRING:
-Dressed in your suit and towel
-Bag or container to hold all personal items
-Cap / goggles / full water bottle
-Kickboard / pull buoy if desired
-Car keys / phone